As service delivery destinations have become increasingly globalized over the years, selecting the optimal location for a sourcing engagement has become a more and more complex process. While the number of possible locations has grown dramatically, each destination is also busy self-promoting, creating a competitive atmosphere that further magnifies the difficulty of your decision.…
With the onset of 2009, TPI has targeted a few countries/regions as new geographies for offering sourcing advisory services. The selection criteria, apart from other factors, obviously included the current volume of outsourcing activity and the medium term potential of these markets.…
recently hosted a roundtable with senior sourcing executives from some major
companies. The discussion was far-reaching and quite provocative. One topic
really brought out the passion: These executives just don’t see eye to eye with
written previously about the conversations I’ve had with most of the leading
executives of the major India-based providers.…
At a recent meeting in Dalian, China, I was chatting with a site manager for a leading India-based service provider. Naturally enough, the topic of workforce management challenges came up, so I took the opportunity to ask about the relative difficulties in attracting, training, and retaining employees for business process outsourcing operations.…
When the topic of offshoring comes up in most
settings, the conversation invariably turns to culture. The frequency of
mention reminds me of my days working at a Wall Street investment bank: Culture
was mentioned so often that one felt that the bank was in the yogurt business!
Recently, however, I’ve begun to detect some bristling
among client executives who deploy and manage offshore operations when they are
presented with the roster of “cultural challenges” related to offshore operations.…
- Brave New World? Networks, Cloud and Labor Automation Converge via SDN May 15, 2013
- Five Things to Think About if You Lead an IT Organization May 9, 2013
- Supply Chain Risk Management – a Hot Potato? May 6, 2013
- For Innovative Sourcing: Date More, Marry Less May 3, 2013
- A Risky Business: How to Mitigate Risk-Pricing in Your Outsourced Contract April 25, 2013
- Who Will Source The Sourcer? January 30, 2008
- Continuous improvement and innovation in services agreements – making it really work August 7, 2009
- SIG Conference: Day 2 – eSourcing Insights and BPO Innovations April 2, 2009
- Desktop Support While Outsourcing May 29, 2009
- Can pure play BPOs or ITOs stand alone in the long run? May 24, 2010
- A Brief History of HR Tech Trends & Technology Acquisitions HR, Recruiting, Social Media Policies, Human Resources, HR Technology Blogging4Jobs: [...] ADP buys benefits administrator outsourcer, ...
- The Finance & Accounting Weekly Roundup: September 17thThe Accounting Minute: [...] • The “Crying Game” — Ending the Te...
- The Finance & Accounting Weekly Roundup: September 17thSutherland Global Migration: [...] • The “Crying Game” — Ending the Te...
- Garrett Whisenant: Thanks for your comment, Roy. As noted in the blo...
- Esteban Herrera: Well I am very flattered you've been following wh...
Follow @isg_news on Twitter